Thursday, April 28, 2011

Not the Only One

I am sort of in a hurry, but there are a few things that I wanted to unload before going about my business today.

Mainly, the whole point is that I realize that I am not quite as unique as I had once hoped. Perhaps, I am gaining back more of my realistic point of view.

I know that the pain I have felt in the past is not unique to me. It has been felt by many others before me and will be felt by many others after me.

The situations I have been in, others have experienced before.

Feelings of happiness and love have been shared amongst all of us humans that feel.

My past, present, and future sufferings are not one of a kind.

Does that make the pain hurt any less when I see that others have been there before? NO. It just shows me that there is happiness on the other side. It gives me hope to push forward and not accept my suffering, by being content.

I don't want to be a martyr or a hero anymore. I do not want to carry the weight of these things on my own. The good or the bad. I want to be able to open my heart and share what I experience with my family and friends. The people that are always by my side, the ones that support me, love me, and care for me.

I don't believe that because others have been there before me or that others will be there after me, that it makes anything insignificant. It is a blessing.

I plan to push forward, share my love and happiness, and keep my heart open. I don't want to be jaded and live my life being afraid. So, cheers to not being one in a million.

No comments:

Post a Comment