Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 24 - Something you've learned

I have been trying to put into words what it is that I believe I have learned. My life has been a learning experience, as is everyone elses'. I know that there have been a great deal of lessons I have learned in just the last year.

I have learned that I allow myself to be hurt by others because of unspoken expectations that I have for myself and for them. This is something that I never really noticed in the past.Now that I have the awareness, I see it arise more. There was a situation that happened not that long ago when someone made a comment to me and I was instantly upset. Before I allowed myself to respond, I thought through why it made me upset. It made me upset because I took what was said personally, then I wanted to react in anger and hurt them in the same manner. After I actually walked myself through that, I explained what I felt and what happened. I was able to move past it without all of the drama that I would have created in the past.

Life has shown me that pain does bring about change. I have found that this change is generally for the better.


A few other things I have learned:

What love is and what it is not.

What/who friends are and what/who friends are not.

The love and forgiveness of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment