Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 5

Day 5 - Your Siblings
I have only one sibling. My older sister, Tonya. She turned 30 on Christmas and I turned 25 in January. We are 5 years apart. My sister and I didn't always have the closest relationship. When we were younger we fought quite a bit, but of course, we still loved each other. As we got older, we started to get closer and the fighting stopped. Tonya and I are pretty close today. She has a busy life. She works full-time and has a weird work shift. She works 11:30-10:30. So, we don't really see each other much during the week. We may see each other once a week or once every two weeks, but we still stay in touch over the phone or through text messages.
She just got married in September 2010. She met an amazing man, Mitchell, on Valentine's Day of 2008, just two days before Gabriel was born. I remember being at the hospital, in labor, and Tonya came in saying that she thinks she met her future husband/"baby daddy." She is hilarious. Gabriel was several months old before we actually met Mitchell. Mitchell is a great guy and he fits right in the family. He has been not only supportive of my sister, but he has been there for me during my struggles. I am glad to have them both in my life. They are happy and in love. It is sweet and gives me hope.
My sister and I are different from one another, but very much the same, too. It is interesting. She has her life together, not that I don't, but she does more than I do. She inspires me and I do look up to her in some sense. She is amazing and beautiful. I love you, Tonya. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, and I love you too.....eventhough you did chase after me with knives! :-)

    I too, look up to you! I will be lucky to be a great Mama like you!! I am also super impressed and in awe of how hard you work, in school and in life! You're amazing!!

    Keep your head up and continue to work hard, it's totally going to pay off!!!

    Pee. Ess. Let's have a girls night real soon!!

    ReplyDelete