Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 8

Day 8 - A place you've traveled to
In the Summer of 2007 I traveled out West. The first night into the trip, my boyfriend at the time and I stopped and visited his family in St. Louis. We stayed overnight, got up the next day, had breakfast, and got back on the road. We made it to Colorado. I have a family friend, like a second mother, that lived in Littleton, Colorado. I got in touch with her on the way out and when we made it into Colorado, she directed us towards her house. We stayed with her for two days. Being in Colorado was amazing. It is beautiful there. They showed us around, took us to the mountains, and to see Red Rocks. Red Rocks is beautiful. I took many pictures on this trip, but don't have all of them anymore.
My visit in Colorado was great. I enjoyed the visit, the weather, and the scenery. It would have been nice to have stayed longer.
After leaving, we headed south to drive to Arizona. Within an hour of leaving we hit a big rain storm, but continued driving through the night. The drive was nice during the night because the weather was cool. The daytime was beautiful, but very hot (and we were traveling without air conditioning). By the time we made it to Arizona we got lost. It was hot, we were lost, and stress was high. Needless to say, we ended up getting off the highway, pulling into a parking lot and having a big fight. Why did we come here? What were we thinking? Can we even do this together? I should have stayed home. These are all things that we said. Among many others! I cried. I wanted to go home. Yes, the trip was beautiful and I saw so many things. However, the best part of my trip was visiting with my "family" in Colorado. Arizona didn't work out and it didn't last longer than a 24 hour period. We headed home and I was glad to be back.
I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I could move out to Arizona in a toxic relationship. However, it was a fun trip and a good experience. I certainly wouldn't take the trip back.

1 comment: